This ancient native vine, praised by Pliny, is the archetypal Friulian black grape. The Refosco dal Penduncolo Rosso is wine with a deep ruby red color. Its complex aroma ranges from black cherry to the hints of undergrowth typical of the grape variety. Elegant and balanced with a distinct acidity, making it perfect for pairing with fatty meats like roast pork, bacon or soppressa.
- Denomination: DOC Colli Orientali del Friuli
- Site: Monte S. Biagio (hills of Gramogliano)
- Soil: loam
- Exposure: South - South/West facing Terraced Hillside
- Grapes: 100% Refosco
- Vines per hectare: 4500
- Breeding shape: Guyot
- Harvest period: Metà Settembre
- Production / Hectare: 65 q.li
CCIA Analytic data
- Total alchol: 13,73
- Residual sugar: 0,2
- Total acidity: 4,92
- Total dry extract: 27,2
- Total sulphites: 77
- Colour: Bright ruby
- Nose: A fresh aroma of red cherries, plums and almonds.
- Mouth: Medium to full bodied, with simple fruity flavours and a prominent acidity, typical of this varietal.