This wine is the result of a careful personal selection from an ancient clone of Merlot, and for years have been the Standard Bearer of the red wines. At his first presentation it won two emblems (3 glasses) in the Gambero Rosso “Guide To The Wines of Italy”. Spicy with tones of chocolate and red fruits, it is soft on the tongue and has a lingering taste with hints of toasting given off by its tasting in 5hl. barrel of french oak. Ideal accompaiment to meat and cheese.
- Denomination: DOC Colli Orientali del Friuli
- Site: Monte S. Biagio (hills of Gramogliano)
- Soil: loam
- Exposure: West facing Terraced Hillside
- Grapes: 100% Merlot
- Vines per hectare: 4500
- Breeding shape: Guyot
- Production / Hectare: 60 q.li
CCIA Analytic data
- Total alchol: 13,22
- Residual sugar: 1,00
- Total acidity: 5,49
- Total dry extract: 27,60
- Total sulphites: 49
- Colour: Medium bright ruby.
- Nose: A bright aroma of wild forest berries.
- Mouth: Full bodied, with a fruity character that combines the sweetness and acidity of wild berries. It has good intensity and balance.