A native white wine, which has long been the region’s “flagship wine”. With a delicate scent, it is dry with a distinct almond flavour. Excellent as an aperitif, it lends itself well to antipasti, prosciutto (San Daniele!), soups and white meats.
- Denomination: DOC Colli Orientali del Friuli
- Site: Monte S. Biagio (hills of Gramogliano)
- Soil: loam
- Exposure: South-East facing Terraced Hillside
- Vines per hectare: 4500
- Breeding shape: Guyot
- Harvest period: prima settimana di Settembre
- Production / Hectare: 70 q.li
CCIA Analytic data
- Total alchol: 12,99
- Residual sugar: 0,2
- Total acidity: 5,09
- Total dry extract: 18,6
- Total sulphites: 75
- Colour: Bright yellow with wonderful greenish reflections.
- Nose: Rich and multifaceted, with floral and tropical notes of oleander blossoms, elder, ash and plum, layered with gooseberry, guava and kiwi; a white rose accent, holly sprouts, honey and custard ice cream.
- Mouth: Full, fresh and savory, the tannins will continue to be pleasant; it has hints of apricot, kiwi, goji, cranberry, medlar, almond milk, coriander and a balsamic note of mallow.