A well-structured wine with a rich and intense aroma.
Its long maceration and aging in wooden barrels give to the Cabernet Sauvignon a rich palate and a nose that ranges from red fruits to hints of vanilla. It provides an ideal pairing for red meat.
- Denomination: DOC Colli Orientali del Friuli
- Site: Monte S. Biagio (hills of Gramogliano)
- Soil: loam
- Exposure: East/West facing Terraced Hillside
- Grapes: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vines per hectare: 4500
- Breeding shape: Guyot
- Production / Hectare: 65
CCIA Analytic data
- Total alchol: 13,34
- Residual sugar: 1,0
- Total acidity: 5,6
- Total dry extract: 29,4
- Total sulphites: 49
- Colour: Deep red
- Nose: A fruity aroma of blackberry and black cherry with the hint of black pepper and a velvety, leathery background.
- Mouth: A full bodied wine with a good acid structure, the characteristic flavours of black fruit with a long, lingering finish. The combination of ripe fruit flavours with high acidity is the result of the warm 2009 vintage conditions in Friuli, which were ideal for this varietal which is at its best under good ripening